Parent Advisory Councils are forums within each school community to discuss matters affecting your school and the education of your children. Our PAC strives to:
- provide opportunities to educate and inform parents about the school;
- involve parents in volunteer activities; and
- openly discuss parents’ concerns about and aspirations for their schools.
Who Can Become a Member of PAC?
All parents and guardians of students registered in the school are able to participate as a member of the PAC. School staff who have children attending the school can participate as a non-voting member of the PAC.
What Governs a PAC?
How Does a PAC Work?
Through their elected executives from parents in the school, PACs communicate with their parent community, gathering and discussing issues of importance regarding their school in order to adequately advise those who influence their school. In addition to PAC meetings communication may also be done through newsletters, telephone, email, and websites so that all parents have the opportunity for input.
The Purpose of Our PAC:
- To promote the education and welfare of students in the school.
- To encourage parent involvement in the school, and to support programs that promote parent involvement.
- To advise the school board, principal, and staff on any matter relating to the school, other than matters assigned to the school planning council.
- To participate in the work of the school planning council through the Parent Advisory Council’s elected representatives.
- To promote the interests of public education and, in particular, the interests of École Crescent Park Elementary School.
- To provide leadership in the school community.
- To contribute to a sense of community within the school and among the school, home, and neighbourhood.
- To provide parent education and a forum for discussion of educational issues.
- To assist parents in obtaining information and communicating with the principal and staff about their children’s progress and other concerns.
- To assist the principal and staff in ensuring the highest safety standards are maintained in the school and neighbourhood.
- To organize and support activities for students and parents.
- To provide financial support for the goals of the Parent Advisory Council, as determined by the membership.
- To advise and participate in the activities of the School District 36 District Parent Advisory Council.
The PAC is NOT:
A forum to discuss individual students/staff problems or conflicts.
Parents are encouraged and invited to bring forth issues, suggestions, or concerns relating to the meeting and enhancement of the needs of your school community.
These issues can be brought forth by:
- contacting a PAC executive member (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- sending a letter to the school addressed to a member of the PAC executive (2440 128 Street, Surrey, BC V4A 3W3)
- attending a PAC meeting